low voltage transformers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted several low voltage spots six months ago and last weekend decided that I only wanted 5 spots and removed two of the spots & transformers. Not wanting to waste the spots/trans I used them in a different location in the house. After wiring them in switching the power back on lights were on and working after switching them off there was a faint popping noise from loft. I'm guessing it was the transformers as the lights do not work, but the bulbs are fine and working. My question is this is it common for transformers to go and two together at the same time ? any other info will be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
wba123 said:
I fitted several low voltage spots six months ago and last weekend decided that I only wanted 5 spots and removed two of the spots & transformers. Not wanting to waste the spots/trans I used them in a different location in the house. After wiring them in switching the power back on lights were on and working after switching them off there was a faint popping noise from loft. I'm guessing it was the transformers as the lights do not work, but the bulbs are fine and working. My question is this is it common for transformers to go and two together at the same time ? any other info will be greatly appreciated

are you 100% sure you connected them right? for both to go at the same time indicates something external to the Tx

the cheap Tx's can be unreliable and go at any given time with no warning. but at the sme time they can last forever and a day

100% on the wiring, just thought the same as you for them to both go at the same time seemed a bit odd, guess I'll have to get to the shop and buy another couple

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back