Low water pressure/no water at all from bleed valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone explain this? I tried bleeding a cold rad this morning (expecting there to be air in the system) but when I opened the bleed valve only a trickle of water came out (no air). So I closed the lockshield valve expecting the water pressure to increase, but instead the water stopped completely! However, when I closed the TRV and opened the lockshield valve, water starts coming out of the bleed valve!

This is an upstairs rad near the airing cupboard/pump and in the past has always heated up quickly along with the other upstairs rads. Also, I had a new pump fitted a few months ago so I know that's ok.

I also have another downstairs rad that has stopped working for no reason at all. Could this be connected to the problem upstairs?
It's a microbore system by the way.

Any clues anyone? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps when the pump was changed crud entered the system from the f&e tank and is blocking the flow manifold to the rads.

a radiator doesn't stop working for no reason. there will be a reason....see above post

Sponsored Links
from what you have said id check the trv isn't jammed in the close position before jumping in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back