LT Terraneo 600 Intercom Phone Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have been searching this amazing forum I have just discovered and gotten part of the way to where I need to be....

In my Glasgow flat I replaced my beige dilapidated Terraneo 600 intercom phone with a Fermax Loft 3399 a couple of years ago and it lets me buzz visitors in, and the buzzer works- but I never could hear anyone when they try to tell me who they are and they couldn't hear me. I was fine with it but my wife is fed up of it and doesn't think it is safe.

Upon searching about this original handset I read on an archived thread that: "Disclaimer - I think Terraneos used to be powered through the handset carbon microphone to the speech panel. Newer Bell phones have an different sort of microphone and may not work with the Terraneo panel, in which case you will not get any speech in any direction. But you should be able to get buzz and lock."

Also I read that a Universal Comelit phone will work... I was wondering if anyone could confirm this- or if there was any other type of universal phone that might work to allow visitors to identify themselves when they buzz my flat. Thank you!!

Here is the old Terraneo wiring pic I took years ago in the initial replacement. We are in an 8 flat tenement.

BdgCv7p.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Is this a communal system ? If not just replace the system or I would try a comelit universal handset

Is this a communal system ? If not just replace the system or I would try a comelit universal handset

It's communal. So I can only replace just the handset without it costing a big fortune.

Sponsored Links
I think legrand bought terraneo some of their newer handsets may be compatible
Thanks. I read that bticino did and I’ve seen on some online gumtree type places in Europe a newer terraneo 600 but bticino box. That might be last resort.

Hi All, so to update... HUGE thank you for those who replied with advice:

I fitted this intercom phone Comelit 2603u and I can hear who is at the buzzer which is just what my wife wanted, and they can hear us... and can buzz them in. Perfect! EXCEPT....... the buzzer is incredibly quiet! The electronic setting nothing happens, so has to be mechanical but it is very quiet. Is there a setting to adjust it? The Fermax was deafening/frightening!

Thanks again,

I replaced a Terrando handset with a universal handset made by fermax, there was many phones wiring on the the instruction apart from this one. so here are the photos to show how.
The number 4 cable (Org/Whi) is not used on this phone as I think this is the do not disturb and this handset didn't have this function.

20221031_074628_resized.jpg
20221106_145929_resized.jpg20221031_074628_resized.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back