Luke warm HW now intermittent no attempted ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Lynx Electronic.

For the last couple of weeks have had a issue where the HW is luke warm but CH is OK, everything looks Ok on the panel and if I turn the flow down on the hot water tap it does get hot.

Now on new years eve and yesterday, it was failing to ignite. The bottem temp light was coming on for the CH or HW and the demand light but no ignition light at all. Yesterday left it all day and in the evening doing the same thing, turned off for well over 30 seconds a still the same. Climbed up to check that I could hear the fan running, turned off and on, after a second or so could hear the fan start up and it worked fine. This morning it fired as usual.

I was thinking from some surfing but with no knowledge/experience , that first problem was likely to be that the diverter valve needs replacing. Is this two separate problems or are they related?

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
Separate issues.
Water thing hopefully just a diaphragm
ignition - partsarena.com/baxi and try the fault finding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back