Luke warm showers in the morning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glow worm boiler and hot water tank. When I turn on the Hot water and Heating both Actuators switch to 'B' but the pipes either side of the actuators do not always heat up. I have to switch everything off at the timer and turn the Hot water on first, when the pipe starts to get warm I can then switch on the Heating and it will then work.

Last night I left them both on all night and the radiators were hot and the Thermostat was set at 19c. This morning the radiators were cold and the water only luke warm. The radiators should have been on because the Thermostat clicked at around 15c.

I am relying more and more on my immersion heater because however I set the Heating/Water timer it doesn't always work.

Any ideas ? The Actuators seem to be doing there job and the Boiler is firing up but sometimes the hot water is not feeding through.

Sponsored Links
I have traced the problem back to the Glow Worm Micro Boiler. Once it fires up everything is fine but when the Thermostat cuts in the boiler doesn't fire up again when it should do. It goes through the motions and clicks a few times but it doesn't always fire up. I have to manually press the on/off switch on the timer a few times until the flame light comes on.

Are there common reasons for the boiler not always firing up. Will it be a probable circuit board problem.

Sponsored Links
Last night I just left the Heating on and the boiler worked fine. The thermostat did it's job and when needed the boiler fired up.

The problem must be on the Hot water side of things. Does anyone have any suggestions why the boiler cuts out when heating the water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back