Lumpy wall paper paste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Every time I mix paste it ends up lumpy, I normally pour the dry mix in to a bucket then add water an mix, today tho I started with the water an poured in the dry mix, no difference in results.

Thanks
Dan

Sponsored Links
Hmmmm kinda makes sense, hopefully this will be the last I mix it for a while. So start with a bucket of water an slowly add the mix while stirring.

Sponsored Links
You need to stir the water first very fast and slowly first, then add the paste, keeping stirring for a couple of minutes.

I've always dumped the whole packet in at once and never had a problem as long as your stirring as you do so.

It's a lot of work trying to disperse the paste flakes in the full volume of water - use the following method:

Use half the final volume of water required and quickly stir in the paste to disperse the flakes evenly. Leave for 30 minutes until the white bits have all gone into a clearish jelly. Add the rest of the water and stir, then leave for another 10 minutes and stir again. The paste always works out smoother this way.

Never heard such a load of rubbish in my life, get the water moving, dump the flakes in, keep stirring for a minute, leave for a couple of minutes and give another stir. Done it for years and twice today, never had a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back