Main incoming fuse......is fuse wire....details ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished a little job and basically a little puzzled at the moment.

The main incoming fuse is fuse wire in an old ceramic holder, with no details/ scc/ or EN number? so what do I fill in for the overcurrent protective device details?

Any hellp would be appreciated..

Katron

Sponsored Links
You probably ought to ask the DNO for a service head upgrade

and I hope you didn't pull this fuse? it is not adviseable to touch the older ones!

BS 3036

but you really shouldn't be tinkering with DNO equipment.

Watch out for asbestos in those fuses / cutouts too (no, really)

Thanks for that, but forgive me for being thick...but what does DNO stand for? something to do with your provider?

Sponsored Links
DNO = Distribution Network Operator.

Dunno about cost. ask the DNO.

Might be free though

I used to work for the local DNO and spent some time with Cable jointers as they were on CUT OUT CHANGES (main incoming fuse gear) and if the cut out was metal clad or over a certain age, it was free. Cant say if yours will be, BUT if its fuse wire, thats pretty old, they have been cartridge fuses for 25 years that i know of.......if there is asbestos in there, INSIST they change it for free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back