Making good a hole through a slab floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to bring in a new 25mm mains water pipe under the footings of an 80's extension and then up through the slab floor inside (a replacement for the current 1930's lead pipe run in the original house).

I've dug down under the existing footings from outside but now need to break through the slab floor on the inside to make a hole to bring up the new pipe to an internal stopcock.

Any suggestions about how best to get through the slab ? Drill straight down with a big SDS drill ? Core drill ? or just hack down with a bolster and club hammer ?

If the latter then how do I repair the DPM when making good ?

Feedback much appreciated,

FG

Sponsored Links
Sds to stitch drill a hole, then use hammer action to knock out the middle. The a digging bar or long crowbar to dig down to the excavated hole beneath. Clear the spoil from the outside as you go. You will need to patch up dpm with similar and pvc tape, don't forget to insulate the pipe. Backfill then concrete.

Many thanks, will give this a go. I was wondering about installing a conduit and then bringing the pipe itself through that.

Does this sound reasonable ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back