Making up a 15mm level difference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm re-flooring a porch that's around 6 square metres. The sub floor is concrete, with two-thirds of it stepped down 15mm lower than the other third. I need to even out this difference before then laying 12mm plywood over the top of the whole floor to take an Amtico click finish.

The stepped-down part of the floor is also uninsulated, so a bonus would be to get something like 15mm cellotex in there, but I'm not sure if it's worth the bother of having to batten it for such a small benefit.

My questions are:
- Would I need to batten 15mm cellotex under 12mm ply? (if I could get hold of any that thin!)
- Are there any other products that I could use in my situation? I could potentially just fill it with 18mm ply and then make up the difference with some 3mm underlay or even self-levelling compound.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What about some 10mm and 6mm XPS boards? They have a very high compresive strength.

Or you could knock 10mm down into tile adhesive to get your 15mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back