Manhole blocked

Thanks for your help Hugh, l am just abit concerned that the outsde toilet does not seem to flow much into the manhole but we do not use this toilet anyway but when l put rods upstream in the manhole in the direction of the outside toilet and took the plunger out a load of muck was coming out, it was doing this every time l put the rods up so l just gave up on that, but the manhole and connection into the manhole from the inside toilet is clear and flowing downstream so l just wanted to know if the waste pipe will flow freely or if it needed clearing upstream if it's just to the outside toilet or to a juntion and outside toilet to get a flow.....

Maybe l dont know but the muck upstream of the manhole might be muck from the blocked manhole as it was full to the top and squashed as if the problem had been there a while, so it might have travelled up the pipe :confused:

Sponsored Links
I am glad that you managed to clear it from downstream as I suggested.

Another reason for doing it from downstreeam is that if the rods fail then its all ready set up for the pressure jetter which has to be from downstream.

Another advantage of clearing it from downstream is that you have a chance to see what was actually causing the blockage.

I often use a piece of wood to partially obstruct the outlet of the downstream i.c. so that any half bricks etc. are captured.

I am glad that you saved a packet!

Tony

He didn't Tony :evil:

He rodded it from the blocked inspection chamber.

Sponsored Links
On re-reading his posting I see that he did rod it downstream.

Eight lines without any paragraphs and FOUR upstreams and TWO downstreams made it easy to misinterpret late at night!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back