Manual mixer showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a 25 year old manual mixer shower like for like as finances do not yet allow a complete re-fit. The current shower gives adequate flow rate and I would be happy for any replacement to replicate this. My question is regarding pressure. I have a gravity fed system (boiler replaced recently and upgraded to fully pumped system if that makes a difference). The base of the cold water storage tank is approximately 70cm from the shower head in the highest useable position. I think this means that I have less than 1 bar of water pressure (0.07???). All the manual mixers that I have seen need 1 bar of pressure - does this relate to mains water pressure as I have recently been told in a plumbers merchant or the pressure from the storage tank - as I have previously thought? The hot water cylinder is downstairs - does this have any effect on water pressure through the shower?
As I say the pressure is currently adequate and I don't want to start installing pumps etc until I can afford a complete re-fit.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR, do you have an email address where i could as you a couple of quick q`s? Please? i`m sure you could shed some light on my mixer shower problems going by what i have found using the search function but i cant PM you like a typical forum.

or alternatively if you dont want to give it out, drop me an email on
[email protected]
(with removing the nospam bit)

I understand if you dotn want to, and sorry for thread hijack

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply - unfortunately I can't do that as there is not a bath in the room - it is just a shower cubicle. Any other thoughts?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back