Maplin Minibook 7" portable laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have avoided buying a laptop as they are so prone to theft and are big and cumbersome to carry round all the time and have very limited battery life and work time.

At the opposite end I have found the Blackberry to be too fiddly and tiny to be easy or convenient to use.

With the large number of WiFi hotspots around London now a portable computer would be very useful.

The Maplin A98HX looks just about the right size to be quite useable without being too cumbersome.

However, the technical limitations look very daunting! No CD drive, linux, probably difficulties accessing AOL. need to save useful files on a USB stick etc.

Does anyone have any experience of this one?

Is it still too early to get a fully usable computer in such as convenient size format?

Tony

Sponsored Links
if thats the one it looks like, they have them on display, but they make the most of the fact you can surf the web anywhere with it.

You can, but i just didnt think it felt right, i was going to get one, but went to a maplin store to see one, i suggest you go and see one for yourself.

Sponsored Links
We got one of the Acer ones at work recently, so that it can be used with scopes etc when working on site.

An excellent little PC in such a small package from all accounts.

Although a tad small for me, it would fall through my sausage fingers :D

Back