mark up on materials.

Sponsored Links
If you a frightened of applying a realistic mark uo you shouldn't be running a Business! ( sorry if that seems harsh -
I hope you will see it as a reality check!) ;)[/quote]

Hang on there soldier are you telling me to grow some balls?

;)

Gas112 - I have a problem with a leading oil boiler maker at the moment - boiler swap 6 months ago system powerflushed and properly cleaned new boiler flushed and inhibitor in - circ pump seized, Boiler maker claiming contamination has caused the pump to fail and will not honour the warranty, leaving me with the bill for a new pump - good job i made 25% on the boiler then!! - Most boiler makers will do anything to wriggle out of a claim these days!

And BOD - yup you grow them balls dude! ;)

Boilermavvn2";p="2785433 said:
Gas112 - I have a problem with a leading oil boiler maker at the moment - boiler swap 6 months ago system powerflushed and properly cleaned new boiler flushed and inhibitor in - circ pump seized, Boiler maker claiming contamination has caused the pump to fail and will not honour the warranty, leaving me with the bill for a new pump - good job i made 25% on the boiler then!! - Most boiler makers will do anything to wriggle out of a claim these days!

And BOD - yup you grow them balls dude! ;)[/quote

Is the warranty void altogether. Ot has the customer still got cover?

Sponsored Links
when times were hard I stopped my own handyman business and got a J.O.B with handyman firm and they trained us up with phrases like...

£1 a squirt (basically a pull of the trigger) when then whole tube only costs £2

and things like, string out a 30min job to 45mins so we can charge them the 1hr rate....

needless to say I left as quickly as I could.... when the economy picked up and started by business back up again....

that does not mean I do not add on costs to materials because I do, typically 15-20%, because at the end of the day I am getting it trade at selco for example, using my time, petrol, and w&t on my vehicle. I make them aware of this, also that if they want to get the items themselves they can as long as they are identicle! plus it pushes up my invoice amount which has a knock on affect to what my income appears to be... pay more tax etc...

I will also not replace a defective part for free without having collected it myself, all my parts come as part of my guarantee.

thats just my 2cents...

Sponsored Links
Back