marksman powertools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some markman powertools advertised are they any good. I have seen an 18v cordless jigsaw with 2 batteries.

Sponsored Links
about on a par with "rolson quality tools" how the fick they are allowed to use the word "quality"is beyond me. They are cheap crap that you get off market stalls and car boot sales. The cordless saws you mention are cheap - and most things in life you get what you pay for, actually in this case you probably wouldnt even get that.

Sponsored Links
"Quality is our middle name!"

(Unfortunately, our first name is "poor")

pfenwick said:
I have some markman powertools advertised are they any good. I have seen an 18v cordless jigsaw with 2 batteries.

You get what you pay for. There are so many cheapies about. People still buy them. I guess they last as long as they do then head for the bin. In my line of work I have been lucky to have had the use of Bosch, makita, wolf ( no longer around). As a general rule of thumb buy a quality tool for safety and reliability. Good tools produce good work depending skills of the individual using them.

Two years ago my makita 9.6 volt drill fell 15 feet on concrete drive. The only thing got damaged slightly was the battery retainer clip. A few scratches. To my amazement the drill worked then and still works today.

Few days later my another drill a cheapy from argos (JCB) also dropped from same spot. The battery shattered the drill died on impact with concrete drive. Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back