Marmox Sound Reduction Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got any experiences with this new tilebacker board from Marmox? It incorporates a rubber foam layer to assist with conformity with Part E building regs (impact sound).

I'm about to plan a bathroom project in a 7yr old 1st floor flat, which was tiled on top of a floating acoustic layer (tiles cracked due to movement). The entire sub floor will be replaced with marine ply, but I need to preserve the acoustic properties as best as possible so am looking for suitable sub-floor solutions for UFH & tiling.

http://www.marmox.co.uk/uploads/product_images/51/MarmoxSoundBoard.pdf

Another question regarding sub flooring, for tiling purposes does a floor with multiple layers potentially offer improved rigidity over a sub-floor with one thick layer? The reason i ask is this bathroom has multiple layers totalling nearly 60mm which i need to get back to, to be level with adjacent rooms.

Cheers
Neil

Sponsored Links
Can't comment on the product you have mentioned, but I have installed and tiled similar to this a few years ago: http://www.insulationexpress.co.uk/Acoustic-Insulation/Karmafloor-Acoustic-Insulation-Mat.htm

Stick it down with F3 floor adhesive then use flexible adhesive and grout.

With regards to the subfloor, it depends what the man sub floor is. My personal preference is for one rigid subfloor but over the years I have tiled on many different floor types, various types of floating floors, tanking systems etc and not really had any problems. Just make sure you use the correct adhesives for the application. If in doubt contact the manufacturers technical department who will advise you on what product to use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back