Masking Tape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning on glossing the house including skirtings doors and architraves. May sound like a stupid question, but what is the masking tape people use? I’ve used some cheap some in the past and spent more time touching up the paint it was stuck to as it pulled the paint off. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Frog is the only one with polymer dust so you run damp sponge or cloth over and the polymer seals the edges.
It's a medium tac and the only one with the magic fairy dust
Then you want a delicate tape which is purple mostly in many brands.
Q1 purple or tesa purple are available as example.
So get rolls of both and see how you go

Yellow frog tape, you can't go wrong.

Unless the surface you tape to hasn't adhered properly, then it's a world of pain.

Always test a less obscured area to make sure the paint your taping to is sound.

Sponsored Links
Frog is the only one with polymer dust so you run damp sponge or cloth over and the polymer seals the edges.

I didn't know that. Is that all of the Frog tapes or just the green one?

Personally, I hate using tape to create lines for painting but I must admit that this week I had to in a small bathroom but only because the gaps where the tiles meet the ceilings were so inconsistent.

Before Christmas I had to deal with a wall in a bathroom which had a metal tile trim that didn't line up with the plastering bead. In some places it was out by about 5mm in either direction. I didn't want to use my usual blue tape because of the thickness of the tape (potentially creating a step in the filler). I wanted a super thin (almost plastic) tape that would not absorb any water from the filler but that I could sand up to without worrying about scratching the tile trim. The Tesa yellow tape (approx £7 for a 25mm wide roll) exceeded my expectations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back