Masonary painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, my daughter and bloke need to paint the extension the had done late last year. Big extension, at least 100sq mtrs.
My estimate is at least 100 up to 200 ltrs of paint. Has anyone any recommendations for a cost effective product considering this required amount.

There are places on such as ebay that sell 20's for £30 and do 205 ltr drums, but any experience???

Sponsored Links
Assuming the walls are smooth render finish, 30 litres of sandtex or dulux weathershield will cover 100 square metres, two coats, easily.

Sponsored Links
The technical specifications for these masonry paints are that they will cover between 30 and 50 square metres per 5 litres of paint. I have 35 years experience in the trade and can assure you that 30 litres will cover the 100 square metre area you have mentioned. Try it and see how you get on, better that then spend money on material that you don't need, good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back