Megaflo DD225 problem

hello again guys

Thanks for the advice last few days. By way of an update, had an engineer over today and he's again confirmed electrics are ok, ie. stat, element, wiring, etc. He did conclude that it's limescale build up in the cylinder preventing element from heating the water.

I think Picasso touched on this above talking about the hard water and bearing in mind that the Megaflo is 8 yrs old, I'm now faced with possibility of replacing the cylinder itself as 8 yrs is alot of limescale! :(

Before I go down this route, I wondered if anyone had any views on the limescale issue and recommendations for a new cylinder (currently DD145).

thanks again all.

Nav

Sponsored Links
Another update on the Megaflo.

Have discussed with Heatrae Technical that limescale could be tripping stat. They suggested next step may be to get Megaflo serviced (as it's still less than 10 years old) and descaled which can be achieved with cylinder 'in-situ'.

electrics have been given all clear at least once in last 2 mths, the 8 yr old cylinder which has never been serviced in 2 years I've been in the property (or in previous 6 yrs to my knowledge) so may be a tad 'overdue'! Apparently this is a MUST for Megaflos?

In addition, been researching option to install a MagnaClean filter, though at this moment in time (please feel free to throw in opinions) not sure how much black iron oxide is a concern in direct vented system as it ain't cheap! Has anyone got any experience with it?? Will it work with Megaflo?
Also water softeners have been suggested which makes sense as I'm in Surrey.

I completely recognise there may be installation issues with pipework, etc which also require attention but my immediate concern is to get hot water back asap! Gonna go mad if put up with cold water esp in this weather for much longer...!!!
:mad: :mad:
Is MagnaClean worth it? How does water softening work, ie. is it just a treatment added inside the cylinder?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back