megaflo water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me what the possible cause maybe for my hot water for last for only 5 mins at a time and what I can do to rectify the problem. thx.

Sponsored Links
How about a bit more info !!!!!!

Is it your boiler that's heating the water or your Imm Heater ????

Sponsored Links
There is information missing but from what you have told us one possible cause may be that you have a leak somewhere in your system and the hot water is escaping before it can be heated up.
Look around for damp patches and strangely damp or humid rooms. You may not like what I'm about to say here but there is a chance that any such leak could be in a nasty place like under a floor.

Other ideas will come when you tell us how your cylinder is heated.

An immersion heater could have faulty stat or time control

If it is heated by a boiler then it could be an airlock in your primary circuit or perhaps a system fault such as a motorised valve not working properly. What is your boiler stat set to ? Is it working properly?

If you can tell us whether or not the flow pipe to the cylinder is getting hot this will be the biggest pointer as to the possible causes of your problem.

Have you had any other related work done or problems lately?

Have you had your UV cylinder serviced ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back