Metal halide lamp fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
Can anyone help. I have a metal halide lamp fitting (metal) which is powered via control gear which is 230/240V in & 250V out. This may seem a silly question but should the fitting be earthed back to the control gear? I cant find the appropriate reg in BS7671.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
How is it earthed at the moment ?

Surely the fitting only has 1 x cable (back to the control point).

How is it earthed at the moment ?

Surely the fitting only has 1 x cable (back to the control point).
Thanks for the reply.
The fitting is Iguzzini & there are only two cables from the control gear to the lamp, however, the control gear has provision for loop in/out, lamp connection (2xterminals) & 3 x earth terminals. I assume that this is 2 x for the loop in/out & the spare would be to earth the fitting. Mains power is provided via a Klik plug.

Sponsored Links
Some do and some dont.

The lead is usually made up with flat plugs on, supplied with the fitting and control unit box.
I think it depends how the lampholder is fitted to the light unit, similar to Double insulating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back