meter tails/Conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a new install underway in a garage. Meter outside and CU inside with tails about 2 meters long and want to put these in conduit but 2 times 25mm plus 16mm earth bit big for 25mm PvC conduit.

anything to say I can't use 32mm or 40mm domestic waste pipe.

Sponsored Links
metal trunking.

Earthed.

seams a bit excessive - is that a requirement regs. Note that metal truncking, nor metal sockets are a requirement for a garage and that PvC trunking and normal white sockets can be used. I'm only talking about running tails down and a long a wall about a metre from a CU then out through a single skin wall to meter in external cabinet.

it's not a requirement, you can run them exposed if you want

But if you're going to enclose them you might as well do it properly.

Tails are (almost) unfused so any damage will have very severe consequences. Much worse that cracking a socket or nailing through a final circuit.

One of the advantages of trunking is that you can take the cap off and put the cables in rather than having to thread them through.

Sponsored Links
it's not a requirement, you can run them exposed if you want

But if you're going to enclose them you might as well do it properly.

Tails are (almost) unfused so any damage will have very severe consequences. Much worse that cracking a socket or nailing through a final circuit.

One of the advantages of trunking is that you can take the cap off and put the cables in rather than having to thread them through.

many thnaks - appreciate the advice - now need to buy 3 metres of trunking for 1 metre run withe 3 bends (internal, external and flat) - see why i wanted to stay away from metal if possible - might be easier to move the CU

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back