metrel all in one tester help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
just about to start fast track NVQ 2356 and 2391 insp & test course.

Trying out the new tester and all test lead merge to one plug.
When testing for (prospective fault current) and R1 R2 should I piggie back the green and blue leads.

Hope someone can help.

Sponsored Links
yes (R1+R2) piggy back n+e just looked at the instructions pef use all 3 leads for psc i would have thought
n+e together but it shows all 3 leads but this is for testing
3 phase the instuctions do not show connections for a
single phase test

NO! RTFM

and if you havent got a manual then the Metrel has a help button with a diagram on its screen on how to conduct the test...

For line and loop measurements you need all three separated.
Earth
Line (live/phase)
Neutral

Loop with all bonds removed will give you your Ze. Measure both line and loop, note the PSC and the highest is the one you use on your cert.

With Metrel the only time you connect neutral and earth (blue and green leads) is for insulation and continuity tests (R1+R2 eg).

Yes the instructions are for 3 phase. dont have a help button on my model.
Still confused over the p f c test. So do I clip the earth lead to the earth terminal then a test between live in and neutral in and a test between live and earth still with the earth lead clipped on.
The note the highest reading on the cert.

Sponsored Links
Which model do you have?

But in any case, yes, per my post above. Green lead on earth, blue on neutral and live lead (mine is black) on line.

If you do not do this then you will not get a correct earth loop reading.

Aah MI3100 Eurotest EASI has a help screen with where & how to use the prods.

Never used that feature though..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back