mexico boiler cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old ideal mexico boiler, I have had it serviced regular, and a couple of years ago had a new gas valve fitted, and recently a new thermocouple renewed.

Problem is that when the boiler is running i.e h.w and c.h for several hours it cuts out - thermocoupler locks out and pilot goes out.

I have noticed that the gas valve is hot but I dont know if this is convection from the boiler

Engineer has no idea of cause

Can any body advise.

Am in process of selling house, and to replace boiler is something I had not bargained on

Dave

Sponsored Links
is it open flued?, check the basics like the pump, but lots of the open flued mexicos have a ttb downdraught thermostat which may be playing up or it may be sensing flue gas spillage.

Sponsored Links
Is this a quiz :) :?: , I know they are named after the dutch guy who first thought of doing it and I have got it written down somewhere...I can find it if you need it chris ;)

Sorry, I thought you might know. If it's just the initials of someones name, I guess I don't really need to know.

chrishutt said:
Sorry, I thought you might know. If it's just the initials of someones name, I guess I don't really need to know.

No worries chris, relegated to the back of my mind then disappeared. Yes its his initials and if I can find his full name you will uderstand why they cut it :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back