Mexico CF455 cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Mexico CF455 boiler:

Just moved into a new house (not new build) and the heating system worked along with the hot water for a short while. Now i'm finding that the boiler cuts out after 1 minute on the hot water setting, and after 5 minutes on central heating setting. I have bled all the radiators and am getting no air out of them at all, but i've noticed recently that 2 were starting to get cold before this happened.

Anyone know if this is something i can do as i am capable(ish) of looking for faults. Also the pump only kicks in on central heating and not on hot water, is this correct?

I've checked all the header tanks and they are both full and the hot water is running freely, so i'm a little stumped.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
What's in your airing cupboard? You may have a gravity how system which would explain the pump only working on ch. Does water come out of the rads when you bleed them? So many questions!!

Hi.

It's an open vented system with a cylinder, expansion tank for heating and a cold water tank. All the tanks are full of water, all the radiators are full of water but the boiler cuts out on hot water stting after 1 minute, and heating after 5 minutes.

really appreciate any help.

Drain some water off the system via a drain cock with hose attached and see if the water level in the small expansion tank drops. This will check for a clear, or blocked cold feed connection.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back