Mid position valve fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At my mothers house we have recently found that the heating is not always working and sometimes she doesnt have any hot water. If I push the mid position valve manually it will open and remain open. (rads get hot etc). However if I then turn the room stat down I hear the mid position valve change position and the rads will cool down. Then I turn it up again and it does not open. I have to move manually again to free up.

Sometimes when there is no hot water, I have to turn the heating off (on programmer) and just let it go round the hot water for 1 hour to heat it up.

I have just changed the metal head on the 3 port, and the problem is exactly the same.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Yes, It must be a wiring fault somewhere, as I have now just changed the body section of 3 port and the fault persists.

It use to work fine, but the boiler was changed in the garage last summer. There is also a frost stat in the garage. I think the problem has only come about since then. What I don't understand is all the heating controls, programmer, pump, 3 port, wiring center were not touched in the boiler change. I guess it must be wired wrong on the boiler somewhere....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back