Miele Turbothermic Diswasher Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a 5 year old G692 SCI Plus Miele Dishwasher that has developed a curious loud oscillating squeak when the hot air drying cycle is running.
The noise suggest I have a problem with the Turbothermic unit as the sound comes from the small vent on the top left hand panel. Also when we open the door at the end of the complete cycle, water leaks from this same vent onto the floor when the door is open / horizontal?

I assume I will have to replace the whole Turbo unit (seems expensive £160 approx). or is there any less expensive service or repair of this unit possible?

Appreciate any advice before I go further?

Regards - Coolerking

Sponsored Links
replace only its a miele , parts are not cheap .you might find a look a like part on goggle .

I don't give up that easy.

Turned off power to machine.

Removed the front panel, unscrewed the inner vent disc to allow the unit
to drop off the front door. Cleaned everything out, there was lots or greasy residue and gunk. Then lubricated with WD40 the fan bearings, checked the pipe leading to the unit (also gunked up). Re- assembled and tested with a full run through of the machines wash.

End of problem! £169 saved and additional labour costs no doubt.
Time taken, one hour needed three different philips cross head screwdrivers and a pair of pliers.

I had nothing to lose, as the part was not functioning.

Just shows, do not just give in and pay through the nose,
check it out first.

Coolerking

hi, we had the same problem, took your advice and stripped out the front panel, cleaned all the fan, and blew the pipe out, put the pipe back on and blew the other way to clear through, comes out in the compartment next to where the detergent goes.this was totally blocked. now working perfect.
thanks for the info. :D

Sponsored Links
From the above posts, I just tried unblocking the drain pipe from the exhaust fan. Turned off the power, remove the four screws holding the big front panel to reveal the pipe from the exhaust fan down to the detergent holder. Pulled the pipe off at one end and blew though it - which definitely dislodged something. Put it all back together, now there is no rubbing sound and no water left on the floor when the door is opened. I reckon the rubbing sound may have been the water collecting in the blocked fan.
I'll see how long this lasts, but for now I'm soaking up the brownie points for getting it fixed!

hi guys,
if you are looking at this post after so many years i would like to thank you, in advance, for the know how of how to fix this annoying problem.
i have printed your comments out and am leaving them in a prominent place for my husband to attend to this weekend when he is home. i have highlighted the brownie points comment and hope for a speedy and cheap resolution.
i'm sure this is the way to solve this, and will let you know how he gets on.

I don't give up that easy.

Turned off power to machine.

Removed the front panel, unscrewed the inner vent disc to allow the unit
to drop off the front door. Cleaned everything out, there was lots or greasy residue and gunk. Then lubricated with WD40 the fan bearings, checked the pipe leading to the unit (also gunked up). Re- assembled and tested with a full run through of the machines wash.

End of problem! £169 saved and additional labour costs no doubt.
Time taken, one hour needed three different philips cross head screwdrivers and a pair of pliers.

I had nothing to lose, as the part was not functioning.

Just shows, do not just give in and pay through the nose,
check it out first.

Coolerking

Thanks you so much if you are still watching, this worked a treat! Cassjo1

Thank you to all previous fixers. My 9 year old dishwasher was working fine until the drying cycle and the turbothermic unit became noisy, spitting out water and gunk then when completed cycle, i opened the door and eater came out of the vent. I followed your advice. I dismantled the door, removed the tube and blew through both ends to clear the blockage and a load of muck came out of the drain below ye rinse id unit! Out if though a programe and hey presto. sorted. Saved a lot of money and fell mighty good. Thank you! :D

I have a 16 year old Miele Dishwasher and don't want to replace it. It's worked so fine for so long.

However, now I have the same problem as you have been experiencing. The water coming out of the vent, the same weird noises coming from the vent, etc.

I did apply a toothbrush (not my own!) to the vent to scrub away at some collected dirt and it eased the weird noise a bit, but obviously hasn't stopped the water from coming out.

Would this job be easy for me to tackle? I'm a woman, if you hadn't guessed by the username!

I do have a Phillips screwdriver, so that's a good start!

Not having done one of these myself so cannot give step by step instructions

However, take plenty of notes and photos of everything before removal at each step and should be plain sailing.

Can't be that much to it.

Screwdriver at the ready!

Just a word of warning - if a screw does not easily undo try a different sized one, if the screw doesnt seem to be going back in correctly take your time and remove it and try again, do not overtighten anything!
If you want to take the time to post photos on here and ask for advice as you go by all means and I shall assist.

Good luck!

It would be interesting to see the design and the cause of the problem.

I wonder, would a steamer break down the grime enough to clear the 'passage', but not knowing what is inside first I wouldn't recommend doing it.

Thanks so much for all your invaluable tips.

Sorted the problem out today. I did get help from a male friend, who got the front panel off for me with a drill.

The pipe from the detergent unit to the fan was gunked up. So I rinsed it through with warm water and got a plastic cocktail stirrer to fish out the muck inside. Added a little bit of washing up liquid to loosen the bits further.

Put the pipe back and have done a wash through and its all fine now. So it was definitely the blocked pipe which was the problem.

Lovely to hear the Turbothermic unit working as it should be.

Sorry no photos.

Hopefully I will another 16 years worth out of the machine!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back