Minimum Bi fold opening height?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone tell me what the minimum practical opening height would be for a set of external bi fold doors.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Lets say you wanted to achieve a 1.9m clear opening, that would likely mean you need to achieve something like a 2.05m structural opening. 2.1m is a stand structural opening. All depends on the type of Bi-fold you go for of course, they will all vary and some will be hung whilst others are floor supported.

Lets say you wanted to achieve a 1.9m clear opening, that would likely mean you need to achieve something like a 2.05m structural opening. 2.1m is a stand structural opening. All depends on the type of Bi-fold you go for of course, they will all vary and some will be hung whilst others are floor supported.

Thanks for you reply.

Would you say 1.9m would be the minimum clear open that I should go for?

Sponsored Links
Well I would say anything less may seem a bit low and may put off any future buyers over 6' tall. And if people run through doors (it happens) you need a bit extra to be sensible so 1.9 seems pretty sensible to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back