Mira excel pressure pulsing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted new excel biv to replace old excel biv. Same pipework, Tank fed H & C supplies. Approx 4ft head.
Turn on shower, pressure fairly low when set at cold but pressure increases as the temp dial increased. Kind of expect this with a fairly low static head.
But why should the water pressure start pulsing

Sponsored Links
Not fitted excels for a while. long shot but can it be changed on the back from high to low presure . as that was the case on one of the mira valves. is your hot water hotter than 60 oC

cheers bab.
I am a plumber to trade, but been out of the game for a while, so a bit rusty on the new appliances. Fitting this for a friend
Not sure about the temp, but I expect it is the same as for the original excel that was in. I'll check the cylinder stat.
Read somewhere about the low/high pressure setting on back of cartridge. Will give that a try next week.

Thanks for the reply.

The cold feed from tank to shower has an old stopcock on it. Do you think I should change it for a full way gate valve to increase flow slightly. Just wondering if the stopcock is causing the cold pressure to be a bit lower than the hot.

Sponsored Links
OK Pressure fine down at bath level, but rubbish when rose raised to 4 or 5 ft head. But old excel was fine under same conditions.
Could it be that the new excel mixers with all that technology built in just do not operate as well as the old ones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back