Mira shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new to this so not sure if it's in the right forum.
I have a Mira shower it was in the house when we purchased it 2 years ago,
3weeks ago we changed the shower head and tail bit.
Since then it has constantly leaked out the shower head.
I have used the o rings it came with but it just keeps dripping,
I did read it could possibly be inside the shower unit as it shouldn't pass water through.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The 'o' rings are more likely there to prevent water leaking out of the on / off knob rather than the shower head....usually a new cartridge is needed for that.
Lets know which model Mira it is!
John :)

Yes it's a Mira advance thermostatic in white the head and tail are just from b and q which I put on last wk

Ah, I didn't know it was an electric shower.
The water flow in these is controlled by an electrical solenoid - similar to those which do the same thing in a washing machine. I guess yours has some dirt in the valve (preventing it seating fully) or needs replacement.
Lets hear what the others say.....our resident seco services has forgotten more than I'll ever know!

Sponsored Links
When you say tail, do you mean a new flexible pipe that runs from the outlet of the shower to the shower head, and a new shower head? Does it just leak when it's on?

Ah, I didn't know it was an electric shower.
The water flow in these is controlled by an electrical solenoid - similar to those which do the same thing in a washing machine. I guess yours has some dirt in the valve (preventing it seating fully) or needs replacement.
Lets hear what the others say.....our resident seco services has forgotten more than I'll ever know!

As Burnerman says points to the flow valve which is controlled by a solenoid coil.

New flow valve retails about £63

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back