Mira sprint 9.5kw no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a mira sprint 9.5 kw electric shower which is over 2 years old and has been working fine, until yesterday when i turned it on and nothing happened, no power light came on and no water came out.

The power light comes on on the pull switch, i've also had a look in side the pull chord switch and all the connections seem ok, i took the front off the shower and checked the wires are still connected, which they are.

Is there a fuse some where which could have gone or might it be somthing else?

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
In the absence of the shower unit being u/s:-

Always safely isolate first

If the pullswitch light stays on while the shower is attempting to be operated then the connections should be ok up until the pull switch. If the load connections are ok in the pullswitch (check by safely isolating first) then I would suspect a the shower unit itself.

If the pullswitch light goes out when shower is trying to start then there could be a poor contact in the switch mechanism or loose connection at the consumer unit. Do not attempt to try and find this yourself unless you feel competant/confident to do so as there are still live terminals in there when the main switch is off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back