Mirror Support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large mirror to fit. It is about 2 metres wide by 1 1/2 m high. It comes with a wooden Frame about 1 in wide. There is one way to fix it and it will have to be by hooking it on 2 white plastic caps which is recessed into the frame which will need a small hook (maximum width about 10 mm) to be fixed to the wall.

Problems - what sort of hooks can I get which is strong enough to support that weight without bending it and it needs to be fixed into a stud wall with nothing behind where the two hooks will have to go.

All suggestions welcomed. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Any chance you could upload an image of the fixings on the back of the mirror, will help us to find a solution !!

Will do so next week and I am away for time being.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Firstly you cannot reply on the plasterboard of the stud wall. Either add a wooden noggin in the wall or cut away the platerboard and affix ply to the same thickness in its place and screw into this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back