Mixer connected to mains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old kitchen tap was connect to the Mains feed and has worked happily since the late 70's, I have replaced the sink and tap with a mixer tap with spray. But I am getting leackage from this.I have tried reseating the valve (blue plastic thing) but it still drips a little.... could the mains pressure be to high.... can I reduce is (as all the other taps are fine....) or is it the tap ?

Sponsored Links
Most stuff should be able to withstand 10 bar, average mains supply is around 3-4 bar. Unless you live in a particularly high pressure area then I'd say it was the tap.

The only real effect of restricting the supply will be that you don't get as much flow to the tap when in use, the static pressure will still get to the same level when it is shut. (unless you install a proper pressure reducing valve).

Hi.

OK... maybe the valve is faulty....

Has anyone else had a problem with this.

It has a spray so said it is OK for presurrised system so would have thought it was fine....

odd... there is 3 little holes with small rubbers around the.... maybe it needs more pressure on it ?

It has a Ceramic Disk Tap Cartridge in it.... should this handle the presure ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back