Mixer tap leaking around base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my bathroom, I have a Roper Rhodes New England basin with Roper Rhodes Insight mixer tap. I have noticed that water is able to get underneath the sink through the tap hole (i.e. water that has already been run out of the tap correctly, and has either been splashed onto the basin, or especially when cleaning).

I've removed the tap to have a look, and it looks like it has been assembled correctly - there is a rubber o-ring that sits in a recessed groove around the base of the tap, this sits on the basin, which below has the horse shoe rubber and plate.

If I put a torch inside the cupboard, there is literally no position of the tap that there isn't any light leakage. It's almost as if either the basin is too uneven, the hole is too big, or there is a piece missing.

I tried a replacement o-ring from Wickes. This was too fat to sit into the groove in the tap, and it was impossible to tighten up without it being wonky. It's almost as if it should have the o-ring in the groove, and then a flat rubber washer of some sort. Does anybody have any experience of these sinks, or any general suggestions?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Those horse shoe clamps don't pull the tap down particularly evenly.....its a reasonable idea to put a layer of silicone under the tap on installation - it also can help to keep the 'o' ring in place.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back