Mixer tap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have bog standard mixer tap in kitchen sink. The tap now moves in it's seating when you use either the cold or hot knobs.

Is there are way of rectifying this or do I need a new tap?

Can provide pictures if needed.

Thanks

Lo

Sponsored Links
empty the cup'd underneath the sink, get a torch and look for the threaded rod that pokes through besides the hot&cold inlet pipes.

I would expect there to be a brass nut below a crescent shaped metal washer, with a similar shaped rubber one between t an the base of the sink top.

Nip down to q&b (or wherever) and buy a set of extended boxspannners. Lay a set of dust sheets on the base of the sink unit, strain your eyes, and tighten the nut and crescent washers, and hey presto, it will stiffen the tap onto the sink-top. This assumes that water has not rusted it all together and so is not iretreviably (?) seized solid. Welcome to my world.

DH

Sponsored Links
Hi

Still have probs. Couldn't find extended set of box spanners but tried my box spanners and my other spanners and sockets. As you know the problem is space, or lack of it to be more precise. Whichever way I manipulate the spanner there's just no room between the sink bowl, mini sink bowl etc etc. It's also easy to knacker the pipe as it's so close to the brass nut. Wouldn't an extended set of boxspanners still give me a problem? Box spanner would be perfect if you could use the opening at the end rather than one at right angles if you see what I mean.

How would the extended set of boxpanners help in these circumstances?

Many thanks

L

Many thanks

I did google to find out. Bit obvious really.

Sorry to be so dumb. Not having a very good day today!

Cheers

Longshanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back