mixer taps how do you fit them

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just been asked to fit a mixer tap on neighbours bath he has 22ml pipe comeing into old taps but these new ones don't have no pipe on the end its just flat it has really small holes on the bottom like 8ml not sure? can i get a reducer from 22 to that and what do i connect it to?
do i solder or compression fit?

all replys helpfull :cool:

Sponsored Links
Certainly if it's a monoblock tap you need a screw in tap tail. They are available in copper or flexi hose type.

flex_tap_tail.jpg

This one £2 screwfix.

DO hope it isn't supplied from tanks by gravity?? It wont give adequate flow unless you have high pressure. Ok if its a combi though.

8mm pipe out of mixer tap ! this is a basin tap then. As said before, if you fit this to a bath, start running the water 2 hours before you plan to take the bath......

Sponsored Links
It is from combi......not sure if its 8ml but very small holes on bottom off tap fitting how do i go about fixing it to bottom off tap does it just screw in

These days most screw in.

So, Does the tap have threads in the casting ?

I havn't seen one that was not supplied with the pipe tails when new :!:

I have a few tails lying arround the garage, but they can be bought from a merchants seperately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back