Modify cast iron soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace the bathroom suite upstairs. The main soil pipe is cast iron and the branch that feeds the toilet comes up through the floor too far into the bathroom. This means that the current loo cannot sit flush to the wall and has to stand-off by about 4 ins. Is there a way I can cut back the branch and re-fit a new u-bend to connect to the loo? I would need something that allows mating of cast iron to plastic as I presume that is what the new U-bend would be constructed of?

Sponsored Links
You can seal it up with rapid setting cement. I wouldn't fancy chopping 4" off the CI soil pipe though, have you thought of making an attractive, not to mention useful shelf feature for the 4" difference?

A rubber mating casket, I guess you haven't looked as even the diy sheds stock them !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back