mono pitch glass roof over a cavity wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am building an extension on my house and I am putting a mono pitch glass roof at the back of it. The roof is going to be 5x2 timbers with double glazing sat on top and sealed with a bar between each unit and the glass flying past the wall plate and over hanging into the gutter, but how do I seal/insulate/finish off over the cavity wall?? I can't find a single diagram or detailed picture of such a thing and any help(pictures or descriptions) would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Google 'patent glazing roof details' or similar where you'll find various links like this: http://www.patent-glazing.com/downloadsrafterlinepdf.html

But really you need to be speaking with some manufacturers and then asking them for the details and then once you have their generic details you need to adapt them into something that will work on site, won't leak etc, looks good and keeps BC happy. If you have a good designer doing your Regs/working drawings then they would do this, if you're doing this on a Notice though then that'd be you!

OK thanks for the help. I'm doing it on a notice so its make it up as i go along really. Just thought there was maybe a standard or common way of finishing off over a cavity wall where there is glass above. Thanks for you're help though

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back