Monobloc Kitchen Taps and Flexible Tap Tails

Ring round, I'm pretty sure Plumb Center amongst others, sell copper tails, take the tap with you. If you put a conex fitting on the end you can tighten it enough so that you can put a spanner on the nut, you'll only need a nip.

Sponsored Links
There's loads of these type of taps about, they come on a b&q suite for instance. I've always had to nip them up using only the force of my popeye like forearms - never had a leak yet.
My nick is cowboyplumber because I am a total tw@t.
What's your story Softus?

Right, I finally got to speak to someone late Monday, and we agreed to some replacement taps to be sent Tuesday to arrive Wednesday.

They didn't arrive.

So after another phone call, they said they'd send them Wednesday.

A replacement, new model tap, arrived Thursday. It was a bit scabby and copper was visible through the chrome of the control.

However, it was much easier to fit, went on no problems, excellent I thought.

It was this kind of tap by the way:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DESIGNER-KITC...itemZ6039449472QQcategoryZ42347QQcmdZViewItem

When I tried it out the performance was awful when using cold water, the hot was none existant. Then I realised when setting the control to get warm water the mains cold water was going into the hot water system of the house :eek:

I take it this tap isn't suitable for my water system? If so, shouldn't they have asked me?

So down to B&Q, bought a mixer tap for 69.99. 100% better quality, went straight on, no leaks, no fuss, worked first time.

Just need to get some kind of money back now from these eBay cowboys!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I take it this tap isn't suitable for my water system?

That isn't suitable for ANY water system!
If you stooge around far eastern websites you find taps like these for a couple of dollars US.

Demand your money and postage back , AND the postage they've charged you if they want the tap(s) back. Parcel post shouldn't cost you that much.
They deserve bad Feedback for sending you two sets of dud taps, but you can get into a tussle, arbitration from ebay (they protect their big sellers), and then the seller will give YOU bad feedback. Watch out in 3 months time - one day late and you can't give or respond to feedback.

There's lots of rubbish, faulty goods, deception and downright lies on ebay. You'd think the "Power Sellers" would be ok but bear in mind that if they want to, they know better than the little guys how to work the system.

Sponsored Links
cowboyplumber said:
There's loads of these type of taps about, they come on a b&q suite for instance. I've always had to nip them up using only the force of my popeye like forearms - never had a leak yet.
Quite right - but this poster had flexible tails that didn't go with the taps. Neither Popeye nor Brutus could have done those up.

cowboyplumber said:
My nick is cowboyplumber because I am a total t**t.
What's your story Softus?
Huh? If that's your story, then mine is that my nickname is not cowboySoftus because I'm not a total t**t. Or have I misunderstood the question?

Just thought I'd end this thread with a happy note to say the seller refunded me in full.

It's taught me a lesson, never again that's for sure.

Sometimes doing things on the cheap ends up costing you more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back