Monobloc still leaking from base after replacing O Rings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Abode Davenport monobloc kitchen tap which started leaking from the base of the spout when the taps were turned on. I sourced the o rings from the manufacturer and replaced them, but it is still leaking. Any ideas please? The tap cartridges are fine as it only leaks when the taps are turned on. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Is the innards of the tap ,where O rings are fitted, clean and free of Limescale ?

Sponsored Links
Certainly water hardness (or any other debris) can scratch/damage where O rings seal.
I take it you used silicone lubricant grease to assemble?

I cleaned the valve seats but didn't notice much. The advisor in B & Q said to use valeline, but I since read not to use this, so I cleaned it off. I fitted without the grease as I didn't have any and thought it wouldn't make a difference in the short term. Can I use silicon spray or is that too thin? I might just give in and buy a new tap!

Perhaps an O-ring got a bit damaged when the tap was re-assembled?

Lol. My wife ran out of patience so bought a new tap. More DIY dramas tomorrow when fitting!

Very few seals are rubber these days, they are all man made, nitrile - silicone - Neoprene - EPDM therefore any mineral lubricants attack/degrade the seals over time - Silicone grease/oil is the recommended lubricant.

Even the tap tail seals need a little before screwing in (for your new tap)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back