Motorised radiator valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to individually control the temperature in two different bedrooms.
In one bedroom, I've got a digital thermostat that stops the boiler once the required temperature is achieved.

I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a motorised valve with an attached thermostat that I can place on the second bedroom radiator so that it provides this function:

The motorised valve is open until the required temperature is achieved and then closed automatically when that temperature is reached, only to open again when the temperature drops.

Are there any valves like these ?

I understand that once the boiler stops due to the first bedroom's thermostat, the second bedroom's valve will be useless in this configuration but I really don't mind.

Sponsored Links
Yeah exactly!! Why not just pop a TRV on each rad? Or you could easily fit a widget giggle pipper onto the circuit....these are found in most DIY outlets next to the gangle pins. But beware of cheap imported copies that have a fruggle wheel attached rather than the BS904563 WIDGEL NIKKER.

Sorry guys, standard TRVs do not do this. All my rads have TRVs fitted.
I want to regulate the temperature in both bedrooms automaticaly rather than me turning the TRV.

You set the thermostat on a temperature i.e 18C, then the TRV stays open until that temperature of 18Cis reached and then closes on its own only to open up again by itself when the temperature drops below that desire temperature.

Sponsored Links
i appreciate this is a somewhat aged discussion by now but having stumbled across it looking for something else i shall dispense my advice all the same incase you have yet to find a solution.

if my understanding of your problem is correct this may help, honeywell do a wireless (rf) trv set up which controls each radiator in exactly the same way as a programmable room stat controls the entire heating system. now although the kit set up including reciever and 6 valves is over the four hundred quid mark and probably not of interest to you, the valves and reciever units are available separatly, so depending on how much your willing to shell out for the specific control of one radiator the option is probably available to you.

hope this helps

Yanni";p="1059354 said:
Sorry guys, standard TRVs do not do this. All my rads have TRVs fitted.

Standard trv's do exactly that.

I want to regulate the temperature in both bedrooms automaticaly rather than me turning the TRV.

If you set the trv's to your desired temp you don't need to alter them. every time your heating comes it will close them when the room reaches that temp.

You need to import something called a Honeywell Rondostat. It is a timed TRV, not sold by Honeywell in the UK. It will fit on a Honeywell VH series UK valve.

CMZone and Hometronic also do what you want but are not economic for what you profess to be a one room solution.

I can control 16 zones of heating in my house with Hometronic, using motorized radiator valves. I estimate it saves around 25% of my fuel bill, as well as allowing me to run towel rails in the summer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back