motorized valve overide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello. can anyone tell me if i wish to test the motor on a m/valve mid position valve i can switch the lever from auto to manual. by doing this will the valve provide ch/ or hw or move to mid position. basically what mode will the valve go into once i move lever to manual. thanks

Sponsored Links
i read in a central heating book/manual that it will open the heating port and shut off the hot water port?? maybe i'm wrong though and so is the manual!! .....

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for clearing that up. i did think it must be especially after seco said yesterday, but at least i know now for sure!!! :)

i read in a central heating book/manual that it will open the heating port and shut off the hot water port?? maybe i'm wrong though and so is the manual!! .....

the only way you'll shut the hw port is to power the grey wire.

plus thats why they always say push the level across when draining or filling system so both ports are open

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back