Mould on walls!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've just moved into a 40's built house, it was re-plastered and decorated before the sale, has had some damp proofing done but not all the way around the house, I've managed to cover up a large hole in the roof which isn't felted but I'm beginning to find mould patches, largely along the top of the walls where the wall meets the ceiling but also along the skirting boards as well which are up the stairs and in the bedrooms. Through reading various things, it looks as though humidity extractors is the way to go - would anyone agree or have further advice?

Many thanks
Nafe

Sponsored Links
Open a window or 10.. yes yes its cold and you want your heating on 24hrs a day and you like to leave the washing on the rads all day and when you cook you like to leave all the doors ajar etc etc
Ventilate!
Or buy a few dehumidifiers.. ;)

if you know it's not a moisture problem just mould you can rent from your local rental outlet a product called MOLD & a machine called a mould fogger just plug it in and follow instructions
good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back