mounting shower mixer valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton Nene shower mixer valve which has 2 x 3/4" female on the back. I have 2 x 22mm pipes coming down the wall so I need to turn a right angle into the valve. It comes with 1/2" to 3/4" offset adaptors I suppose to take up errors in the spacing but I can get that right (hopefully!) so dont need those.

I'm concerned about the weight of the mixer valve on two elbows. I'm using battens and shower boards.
Whats the best way to turn the corner and provide the support and get the spacing from the wall just right?

Sponsored Links
Either way you won't want 22mm pipe feeding the bar mixer.
Reduce it down to 15mm.

You can either use the doglegs supplied, They will screw into 15mm x 1/2"
wall plates. Then you don't need a bend on your pipes.
p4753215_x.jpg
DEVA-RLE36CP_view.png

Or use a bar mixer wall plate.
NewsImages_2378_bracket.jpg

Or use these bar mixer fixing kit.
But you'll need to put 2 elbows on your pipework first.

prd4370ca132d2f11.jpg

Nice pictures are useful. I guess going down to 15mm for the last few feet wont cause much loss of flow. It just seemed odd that they go from 15 up to 22 on the stepped adaptor. Once I knew the phrase "bar mixer fixing kit" I was able to search for it. I even found out that Triton do fixing kit but its not that easy to find. They dont mention it in their own instructions.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back