Moved Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I move my radiator today, about 2.5 meters to the ajacent wall, I just extended the 15mm copper pipes.

I fired up the heating to find out that its not heating up, had a look on the forum to base any ideas on.

When i switch off all radiators on the same floor (ground level) the radiator i moved heats up. As soon as i switch the others on again, it switches off. I have now tried to turn the lock sheild valves and this is not making any difference so far, turned others almost 1/2 way now.

Does it make any odds in pipe runs or sizes? To me i think the pressure is to great that my moved radiator cannot return into system.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers
P

Sponsored Links
it shouldn't make any difference to pipe sizing if you've only moved it 2.5m what type of boiler have you got

Sounds like you need to rebalance the rads, just run around the house turning the lockshields on the hot rads down a bit and the ones on the cold rads up a bit until all the rads are hot.

With regard to the "pressure", don't quite understand what you mean; have you got a sealed system?

Hope that helps

Hi,

Its a worchester - greenstar 24ri.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need to rebalance the rads, just run around the house turning the lockshields on the hot rads down a bit and the ones on the cold rads up a bit until all the rads are hot.

With regard to the "pressure", don't quite understand what you mean; have you got a sealed system?

Hope that helps

Hi, pressure i was meaning that the pressure within the main 22mm pipe, supply from boiler, that my 15mm pipe is connected into for the return side of the radiator was greater than the radiator pressure being returned. Meaning that its not flowing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back