Moving a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to move a radiator upstairs in the main bedroom. It only needs to go a few metres across onto the other side. Our system is fed by a Baxi Combi boiler. I know i need to shut off the rising main at the stop tap but do I also need to drain the system down due to altering the pipework ?
If so what's the best way to do this as there is no drain valves on any rads in our house.

Thanks for any advise

Sponsored Links
Turn off boiler and remove fuse (if chance of A N Other switching it back on)
Turn off stop cock
Drain down to below level of the rad in question
Move rad
Add some new inhibitor
Re-fill to correct pressure using filling loop (bleeding rads as you go)

If no drain plugs... hmmm... nothing close to boiler?

Thanks for helping

I've checked for drain valves and there is none. Why do I need to drain down the system anyway if the mains water is off ? Is this because the water in the rads will start to flow out ?

Any ideas - thanks

Sponsored Links
www.google.com

type: drain combi system

research subject

then come back and ask final few questions

Just asking for "advice" without some kind of pointer as to what info you are lacking makes things rather difficult...

Ok done a little reading about draining the system and found a self tapping drain valve that can be fitted onto 15mil pipe if there are no available drain points.

Suppose this is the answer then really - get one - fit it - do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back