moving a toliet waste pipe??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone advise me if allowed!

I have just purchased a bungalow and the bathroom is square and tiny. It has a bath down the left wall if standing in door way and a sink on right wall by the door and toilet on back external wall. The waste pipe goes down in the floor about 18 inches then out the wall into soil pipe.

SO my question is could i move the toilet over to the left internal wall by the door put a 90 degree pipe down in the floor from back of loo. then into elbow across under floor to external wall where i could cut or replace cast elbow and link the pipe to it. As long as the drop/ flow is ok would this be ok? dont want to breach regs or any other law that have thought of!

This would mean that i could turn bath round under window and have sink on left wall in between bath and toliet. making the illusion of a bigger bathroom with the door opening against right wall.

Thanks for help

Sponsored Links
It should be possible, but make allowance for rodding access in the soil pipe run in case of any future blockages.

Maybe a bath under the window isn't so advisable, especially if you have a shower over it. Imagine waving to the neighbours through the window whilst taking a shower. It may also lead to damp penetration problems around the window frame and sill too.

Re-hanging the door to open outwards can create more space too. That is often the preferred way of hanging the door, making it easier to gain access if anybody has the misfortune to collapse in a small bathroom, blocking the doorway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back