Moving home office to family room - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We will be moving my Mom into my current home office and moving the ofc upstairs to a part of the large family room. I'm in a quandry as to its configuration ( I can decorate it, just not sure how to arrange it!) ;)

Area:
There is a single window on left wall, corner, long wall and open ballisters on the opposite corner (open to downstairs). That's also the corner that can be seen from downstairs. This area is not very deep. The left wall from window to corner is 74"; long wall is 164"; short ballister wall is 44".

Equipment:
I will have a corner workstation (prefer not to face into corner, but outward), deep table, 4-drawer file cabinet (vertical), metal literature organizer, printer & stand, fax (not used often), 2 "iris" carts, miscellaneous "stack a shelf" melamine closet organizers and lots of "stuff"!! I spend most of my time on the computer and handling paper, so the lit organizer must be close.

Most of my home decor product will relocate to the garage, but all candles will need to stay with the ofc because of temperature changes. I'd like to use the vertical space and go up the wall with shelves. The walls are painted beadboard.

I'm not sure how to BEST arrange the new office. I hope you can help me! Thank you.

~~Lisa

Please see Forum rules 7 ;)

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo hgp gal and welcome :LOL: ;)

the person with the answer is comunicating with me now ;)

you know what you want you need to decide what needs to be where whats important whats less important' important things to hand less important further away!!!!

sit down write a list off good and bad points about your old layout try and keep the good points plus a few more and reduce eliminate the bad point

try looking at office furniture or stationary suppliers for usefull ideas

and if you dont get it right the first time just change the layout
good luck

Buy some graph paper and draw a scaled floor plan of the room showing where windows, doors, electrical sockets are. Cut out the shapes of your furniture, to scale and try moving them around on the graph paper until you are happy with the layout and that things will fit.

Some long shelves will probably help too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back