moving kitchen

ACS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to move my kitchen. The new location will be an interior wall and I will need to move the waste pipe. How far can a waste pipe travel under the floorboards. The new location will be approx 17ft away from an exterior wall or about the same distance to the bathroom. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for info. So as long as I can achieve the correct drop it should be ok. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
ACS said:
I am wanting to move my kitchen. The new location will be an interior wall and I will need to move the waste pipe. How far can a waste pipe travel under the floorboards. The new location will be approx 17ft away from an exterior wall or about the same distance to the bathroom. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
40mm waste pipe can be run up to 3 m.
Fall of 7 1/2 degrees or 135 mm/m. run.
Keep bends to a minimum.
Do not fit bottle trap.

so would a drop of 10mm every m be sufficient using a 110mm pipe over a distance greater than 3 metres

ACS said:
so would a drop of 10mm every m be sufficient using a 110mm pipe over a distance greater than 3 metres

I think Kev was just having a laugh!!! :LOL:
110 mm. is the size of a soil stack ;)
20 mm./m. run is ok for everyother thing but kitchen sinks. Kitchen sinks require a greater fall.

Kev was definitely having a laugh :LOL:

40mm Waste Pipe is what you need. Make sure you clip it securely though, its a long run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back