Moving Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to move my toilet 90 degrees so it is out of the way next to a chimney brest, the problem i have is the soil stack location, here is a photo of the toilet as it is now

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/lloydsno1/PIC_0006.jpg

ideally i would like to put it in the corner near where that piece of wood is glued to the wall and buy a corner toilet but i don't think that is possible unless they sell a corner toilet with side waste outlet, if not i would like to put it on the side wall where it is painted white at the bottom, that wall by the way is my neighbours house so can't go out through there

here is a photo of my soil stack

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/lloydsno1/PIC_0007.jpg

what is my best option for moving the toilet, should i run the waste inside the house using 90 degree connectors and then box it in, which i don't really want to do, or can i drill a new hole and feed the waste out to the left hand side of the stack, which doesn't leave much room before it encroaches on my neighbours wall.

Is there a special toilet i can buy? again ideally i would like to have a concealed cistern hidden behind a fake wall in the alcove

comments and suggestions greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
you could turn that into a fake wall and have a concealed cistern and bring the soil pipe out on the otherside of the stack and reconnect.
measure where your stack is and measure it inside the bathroom as your stack sits to one side by the time you have built the false wall you may end up entering the stack from the rear not the sides as it is now.

Sponsored Links
will i need a special toilet with the waste pipe coming out to the side rather than straight out? is it just a matter of drilling a hole through, spinning the soil stack joint round and reconnecting? or will i need anything else? thanks for your reply

alot depends on how far out your false wall is
get your pan put a 90 degree waste connector on the rear, mark your inside wall for the centre of your stack place your toilet so your 90 and centre line of stack lines up that will give you your false wall depth.
if it's to far out then move it back to the wall and the soil pipe can come in from the side to the stack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back