Mulltifunction tester advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About to but my first tester and looking on ebay and at moment looking at MEGGER MFT 1501/02 or Fluke 1651 Mutifunction Tester any input on either appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I bought Garymos old Megger 1502 and I agree with him, they are the dogs testicals

Cheers Gary!!!! Still doing exactly what i want and piece of **** to use!!!

I bought Garymos old Megger 1502 and I agree with him, they are the dogs testicals

Cheers Gary!!!! Still doing exactly what i want and piece of p**s to use!!!

Glad to hear :)
After using various other multifunction testers - Fluke (1653), DiLog (9083P), Martindale and Metrel (Instaltest), I can honestly say the Megger is in a different league.

Megger is good solid and unbreakable - auto RCD test saves plenty of walking. They do a firmware upgrade for the 1552 that ensures it wont trip MCB's when testing EFLI. Megger every time for me.

I have the 1653.Didn't rate it at first, actually wanted my old separate robin testers back, but once you get used to zeroing properly, and get a decent set of leads, then its great.

Get the Megger - comes with a decent set of leads to start with and a single button press to zero your leads. It's almost idiot proof

ha idiot proof - sounds like the one for me not much price diff between between 1552 and 1553 so going for one of them - after ive sold xbox :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back